On 1.9.2016, Mr. Nguyen Duc Chung – Chairman of Hanoi People’s Committee, representatives of Department of Construction, Department of Planning and Investment, Department of Foreign Affairs and Department of Natural Resources and Environment of Hanoi welcomed Mr. Wolfgang Manig, German deputy ambassador, in charge of economic cooperation with representatives of German businesses in Vietnam, including the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the German Industry Cooperation Association.
At this meeting, Mr. Nguyen Duc Chung highlighted 4 priority areas that Hanoi will prioritize to deploy and cooperate with Germany:
- ENVIRONMENTAL FIELDS:
- Improve the water supply and drainage system, build a clean water factory and water quality up to German standards.
- Environmental treatment for lakes, ponds, and rivers of Hanoi.
- Constructing a sludge treatment plant with a capacity of 1000 tons/day.
- Constructing a waste treatment plant with a capacity of 4000 tons/day.
- Equipped with dump trucks, vacuum cleaners, garbage treatment in Germany.
- Construction of factories or construction waste disposal areas, concrete grinding system for construction works after demolition.
- MEDICAL FIELD
- Supply and upgrade German equipment for major hospitals in Hanoi.
- Building a modern testing center for Saint Paul hospital.
- Expanded production of Braun medical equipment with a capital of 97 million USD.
- IN THE FIELD OF CONSTRUCTION / INFRASTRUCTURE
- Strengthen cooperation in the field of infrastructure: Transport, subways according to technology standards and priority to use German equipment.
- German equipment application for pruning trees.
- TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER COOPERATION
Hanoi City is willing to invest in building a zone dedicated to German businesses, with priority on developing high technology and software.
Hanoi expects that by the end of 2016 and early 2017, it will hold a major conference on investment promotion for German-Vietnamese businesses.